Monday, June 24, 2013

Benefit's Pretty Committee Available at Ulta!

I always think it's funny how you can stumble across something unexpectedly.

I've been trying to really get the pinterest account that I made specifically for this blog going. It takes a while to find quality pins!  I was looking up Butter London nailpolish on the Ulta website and lo and behold, I saw something amazing.

Ulta is carrying The Pretty Committee set by Benefit.


I love Benefit Cosmetics. I've tried many of their products, and have yet to meet one that I haven't liked.  They are a bit on the pricey side, but once in a while they're release an amazing bundle that lets you get full-sized products for a steal.

I bought The Pretty Committee set from Sephora a year (maybe two?) ago and it was one of the best beauty purchases I made, hands down. It was a limited edition set, and when it eventually went out of stock I figured it'd be gone forever. But apparently Benefit is bringing it back, this time at Ulta, for those of you who missed out. It's available for online sale only, but it's SO worth buying if you have the funds. In it you'll get four (or well...definitely at least three and a half) full sized products for $38.

Here's what you get!
- Bella Bamba ($28): A 3D brightening pink face powder
- Eye Bright ($20): Instant eye brightening pencil
- Stay Don't Stray ($26): Stay put primer for concealers and shadows
- High Beam ($26): A luminescent complexion enhancer.

High Beam is the only product that might not be full-sized. It might be more like half-sized, but I can't entirely remember.

For sake of argument, let's say it's half.

That puts the total value of all these products at $87 if you bought them individually.  It's SUCH a good deal, and all of the products really are fantastic. For my fellow ballroomers, I've used all four of these products for competition before (I'll definitely have to start posting some competition makeup looks/tutorials soon).

Even if you aren't a fellow ballroomer, all of these products are great for the summertime. Bella Bamba is a bright peachy-pink blush that looks gorgeous on tanned complexions. High Beam adds a beautiful shimmery glow to cheeks and eyes. Stay Don't Stray will keep your eyeshadow and liner in place all day. Eye Bright is probably the unexpected secret weapon oft his set. I use it on the inner corners of my eyes and brow bone to make my eyes appear bigger and more awake.

So there you have it.

I'm kind of laughing at myself a little, because I sound like someone is paying me to sell this stuff to people (I promise, they aren't :-p). I just love to share things that make me happy with other people on the chance that it might make them happy too.

If you decide to pick this up, definitely let me know! I'm curious to hear what you think of everything.

In the meantime, I'm off to go make dinner and clean up my kitchen. I just polished off a large amount of fresh fruit (so delicious) but I think I need something more substantial. I'm thinking it might just be a boxed mac & cheese and frozen veggies kind of night. Today was such a Monday, and I'm feeling kind of low energy.

I also need to repaint my nails. Stupid me chipped my beautiful manicure trying to get the sticker off the bottom of a glass jar.

... (this is where I make my unamused face)

At the same time, I guess this just means that I get to try out another one of my new polishes. Maybe I'll post a picture later!

Until then, stay gorgeous all!
Lauren