Tuesday, January 13, 2015

November 2014 Glambag


While I'm still having generally grumbly feelings about Ipsy, this month's bag was one of the better ones I've had in a while. November's theme was Gal Meets Glitter, which sort of confused me in terms of the products I received. The bag was super sparkly, but everything else was sort of neutral and subdued. This isn't very different from most months, though, where I feel like the only thing that sort of follows the theme at all is the bag. Anyway, here's a quick look at what I received this month:



Get extra volume, shine and hold with this dual purpose hairspray; nourishing and styling in one! This argan oil, keratin and grape seed oil infused hairspray gives you strong and flexible hold plus deep nourishment, strengthening and conditioning as you style.

Full Size: 9.0 oz ($8.29)
Sample Size: 1.5 oz ($1.38)


I've only ever tried Marc Anthony products through Ipsy, and I was quite a fan of their Beach Spray. This Argan Oil hairspray does smell amazing, adds plenty of shine, and has decent hold without being crunchy or sticky. I don't know how volumizing I would say this is, but it didn't exactly make my hair feel super weighed down. It's also relatively affordable, so I would definitely consider purchasing this if I didn't have a ton of other flexible hold hairsprays at home at the moment.




A high pigmented, long lasting product that can be used as a single cream color or used as an eye base to build color.

Full Size: 0.09 oz ($14)


Be a Bombshell is one of those Ipsy-loving brands that I just can't seem to get behind. However, this cream eyeshadow base may just be the first product of theirs that I actually feel like I could use on a regular basis. Submissive is a sheer, gold toned bronze that has a bit of sparkle without encroaching on disco ball territory. To be honest, I haven't actually tried this yet as a base for powder shadow. I really like the way it looks on its own, especially for daytime. I'll use my ring finger to apply this all over the lid for a soft wash of color. It's simple, polished, and perfectly wearable for the workplace.





A cult favorite of makeup artists around the globe, TEMPTU S/B Highlighter is the perfect product that goes on sheer for an overall illuminating and contouring effect. Light-reflecting and transfer resistant, S/B Highlighter glides on effortlessly for a brilliant complexion boost that contours to highlight your best features.

Full Size: 1.0 oz ($27.50)
Sample Size: 0.1 oz ($2.75)


I'm still on the fence with liquid highlighters. I've tried the champagne version of this exact product from a Birchbox, and it works well for what it is. However, I think I personally feel that powder highlighters are easier to deal with. I feel like the areas where I blend this in to my foundation have a strangely wet look to them, in addition to the pearlescent shine. I've also tried mixing this into my foundation, but I feel like it doesn't seem to do much for my look. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I'm going to stick to my Ambient Lighting Powder.




This best-selling, cult-favorite and award-winning concealer delivers highly pigmented, long-lasting coverage that won’t crease or crack. Infused with anti-aging technology, vitamins and high-performance pigments, this multipurpose concealer improves the appearance of wrinkles and effectively conceals the appearance of skin imperfections including dark circles, bags, redness, hyperpigmentation, broken capillaries, age spots and discoloration. Finally an extreme concealer that makes you look younger!

Full Size: 0.28 oz ($24.00)
Sample Size: 0.11 oz ($9.43)


When I saw that I was going to be getting this concealer in my bag my feelings were initially mixed. I love IT Cosmetics, but concealer is not something I usually get very excited about. I didn't even bother to crack the tube open for weeks. When I finally did, I finally realized just how foolish I was being. This stuff is flippin' amazing. So maybe concealer is a little less interesting than eyeshadow or lipstick because its less whimsical or imaginative or something. But for all it lacks in artistic value it seriously makes up its worth ten fold by covering dark circles and blemishes like a boss. I was afraid the Neutral Medium shade was going to be too dark for my complexion, but it actually blends extremely well and has a slightly peachy undertone that helps to cancel out the bluish tint of "I-only-got-4-hours-of-sleep-because-just-one-more-episode-on-Netflix-happened-three-times-last-night". The formula is incredibly creamy and concentrated, so just the littlest bit is all you need for full coverage. It also seems to hold up well without creasing or fading throughout the day.




For invincible color and impeccable wear, the Wonder Lip Paint serves justice! With the twofold blend of endurance and delivery of intense pigmentation, this will become your heroine of lip colors. Paint your lips to perfection for your day and nighttime adventures!

Full Size: 0.33 oz ($4.99)


These Wonderland themed Lip Paints are definitely trying to ride on the coat tails of OCC's Lip Tars (which I wrote one of my very first posts about). The formula feels sort of similar in terms of the intensity of the pigmentation. However, the ingredients list is chock full of parabens and other synthetic chemicals that are lacking in the OCC version. If you're looking for a less expensive alternative to Lip Tars, they've definitely got the closest thing I've seen on the market, however I'm personally a fan of the real deal. The shade Red Potion is a super dark, rich red that makes a bold statement, and you definitely need to apply it carefully with a lip brush. However, the nice thing about this style of lip product is that you can easily mix it with another gloss or lip paint to tone down or change the shade before you apply it.





In the end, the concealer totally made this bag worth it for me this month. I did also enjoy the full sized eyeshadow base and the hairspray quite a bit too. My total bag value rings in at a respectable $32.55. Stay tuned for my December Glambag review as I continue to play catch up from my holiday slacking!

Interested in becoming an Ipsy subscriber? Use my referral link to let them know I sent you! You can also check out reviews of all of my previous Glambags here.