Sunday, September 25, 2016

NYX Lip Lustre Try-On and Review


Fellow beauty junkies, let me know if you understand this struggle. Life lately has been kind of bananas. After being in Iceland for a week and spending last weekend at Gen Beauty, I feel pretty behind on life stuff and have had tons of errands and such to run. Needless to say, the giant bag of beauty loot I took home with me last Sunday (or should I say, bags) has been sitting neglected in my bedroom, waiting patiently for me to come and play. It reminds me of when I was a kid, and my parents made my brother and I wait until AFTER church AND breakfast to open our presents on Christmas morning.

Ugh, TORTURE.

Thankfully though, I finally got some time this weekend to stay home and dive full-on into all things blog related. One of the things I was most excited about was sitting down to film a lip swatch video of the new NYX Cosmetics Lip Lustre Glossy Lip Tints ($7). I've never done something like this before on my channel, but it actually ended up being a lot of fun! So if you want to see what the deal is with this fun new launch, just keep reading!


The NYX Lip Lustres are described as "glossy lip tints". They've got a really smooth, plumped gel-like texture that has a nice, wet feel on the lips. The formula is actually quite pigmented and leaves behind a beautiful stain when the shine starts to fade. Lip Lustres are available in 12 different colors, and I've got 6 of them to show you today!



Swatched above: Dark Magic, Lovetopia, Mystic Gypsy, Juicy Peach, Euphoric, Retro Socialite

So far I've been really happy with these lip tints! They're really comfortable to wear and leave your lips feeling incredibly smooth and hydrated without any stickiness. They also have a pleasant, fruity smell that isn't overpowering.

I think all of the shades were flattering, even Dark Magic, which looks kind of scary in the tube. It was a little difficult to get the finish even, but if you're willing to work at it, it'll give you that perfect vampy fall lip look. The NYX Lip Lustres retail for $7 each, which means you can take three home for the price of one high end gloss!

If you've tried this product, I'd love to hear what you think! What shade is your favorite? Is there one you're currently lusting after? Let me know in the comments below!

Which Lip Lustre do you need in your life?