Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 2013 Previews

I never used to enjoy the beginning of the month until I got myself willingly sucked into the beauty world. For the average person, the beginning of a new month often means mortgage payments, new billing cycles, and consequently a lighter wallet. But in the beauty world the beginning of the month means sneak previews for subscription box services, a new round of amazing perks and samples at most beauty retailers, and often the debut of fabulous and exciting new products and makeup lines.

I am really excited about everything this month has in store, so I definitely had to share the latest and the greatest in general beauty news and previews that I've come across.
First up, let's talk about Birchbox. I just got my shipping notification today, which means I might be getting my August box as early as tomorrow or Thursday!! They just released a sneak peek video of some of the products that will be sampled in this month's box.


It looks like this month's theme is Finishing School - products and accessories that help you look perfectly polished and help you finish your look flawlessly. After trying Whish body butter in my Hautelook bag I would definitely be happy to see one of their products in my box this month. That Mally waterproof eyeliner looks like it could be a lot of fun too. I guess I'll find out what Birchbox has in store for me this month soon enough!
Interested in joining the Birchbox fun? Visit Birchbox.com, or click here and to let them know I sent you their way.
Usually within a week or so after my Birchbox arrives it's also time for my Ipsy Glambag to appear in my mailbox. The sneak peeks so far have been pretty promising! It's always fun to read everyone's facebook comments on all of the posted pictures trying to guess what each of the products are. So far it looks like we're up for another 5 item bag.
Sneak Peak #1: Pro-lips at your fingertips from start to finish with one of these awesome August Glam Bag items.


The most popular guesses for these two items are Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick and Noya Lip Balm. I'm gunning for the lipstick - it sounds awesome!

Sneak Peek #2: Skin perfection is in session with one of these awesome August Glam Bag items!


Thoughts are that both of these products are by Michael Todd. One is a Jojoba Charcoal Scrub and the other is a Pumpkin Mask. I think I would be happy with either, but since I'm a sucker for masks and for pumpkin, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for that one.

Sneak Peek #3: Boost your look from good to glam with this eye-popping item!


Looks like Pixi Lash Booster Mascara. I know I have more mascara than I could use in a lifetime, but it's always fun to try new ones.

Sneak Peek #4: Class is in session with TWO of these amazing items in your August Glam Bag!


There are seven different products featured here. Best guesses are Smashbox Photo Finish Foundnation PrimerNailtini Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer, Pixi Eye Bright LinerCity Color Cheek Stain, Mica Beauty Mineral Eyeshadow, NYX Rouge Cream Blush, and Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream. I've tried a few of these products before, namely Smashbox primer and NYX cream blush (which are both fab). I'm hoping for the Pixi Liner and Mica Eyeshadow.

Sneak Peek #5: Get ready to learn what Glamour is all about this August.


Last but not least is a first look at this month's bag. It appears that Ipsy is also jumping on the back-to-school train.

All in all it looks like it's going to be a pretty fun bag. Some people were griping on facebook about repeat products (namely the Nailtini polish and NYX blush), but Ipsy has guaranteed that no one will receive a duplicate of something they got in a previous bag. I definitely can't wait to get mine and to review it for all of you! To get your own Glambag you can go to Ipsy.com or use this link to show I referred you.

In other exciting Ipsy-related news, it was recently announced that Michelle Phan, Ipsy Co-founder, is going to be releasing her own makeup line! Michelle seems like such an incredibly sweet person, and her video beauty tutorials are amazing, so I am very happy for her to take this step in her career and can't wait to see/try her products. Watch her announcement video here!

So there you have it! August definitely has a lot in store for the beauty world. I can't wait to get my hands on everything and try it all out. More posts soon!

Stay gorgeous,
Lauren