Tuesday, August 6, 2013

July 2013 Favorites

Seeing now that August is a week underway, I thought it was about time to officially say goodbye to July and do a quick recap of my absolute favorite new finds from the month.


Adds so much texture and volume to my otherwise straight and generally lifeless hair. And it has that slightly salty ocean smell that will bring you back to the summertime year-round. Only downside? Seriously expensive. I only scored a sample, so maybe someday down the road I'll have the funds to invest in the full sizes.
A perfect partner to B&B Surf Shampoo and Conditioner, this texturizing and conditioning spray helps you achieve summer's favorite hairstyle - tousled beachy waves. It smells great, and didn't make my hair overly dry or "crunchy" like some other salt sprays. Check out my step-by-step on how I got beachy waves at home using this product.



Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Pro Picks Lip Tar Set Vol. 3

Gorgeous colors for summer in a super pigmented, long lasting formula. If you're looking to add Lip Tars to your beauty stash, I highly recommend this as the place to start. Not only do you get four colors to mix, match, or wear alone, but you also get the clear lip tar for priming or thinning out colors. It's also the most economical way to go, since each Lip Tar is less than $10 with this set, while they're normally $18 a piece. Check out my in-depth review from last month here.

This hybrid liquid lipstick/lacquer/gloss/stain comes in a variety of beautiful colors and has mega-awesome lasting power. It got me through a whole day of running around and a whole night worth of catering with only one small touch up.

It's kind of uber expensive, so I will definitely keep on the lookout for whenever it goes on sale or is offered again as a part of a set. Or, if you just feel like splurging on yourself, this is definitely money well spent. Check out the Lip Bomb in action!



theBalm cosmetics Instain Long-Wearing Powder Staining Blush

Swiss Dot is the perfect peachy-coral hue for summery cheeks. It's super pigmented, so you only need the tiniest amount of product to get a beautiful flush of color, and it really is long lasting (especially through hot, humid summer days). I used this blush in my most recent look if you'd like to check it out here.


So, there you have it! Apparently July was a big month for hair and lips. August looks like it's going to be an equally if not more exciting month in the beauty world, so check back soon for an upcoming post on all the things I'm looking forward to. If I can I'm going to try to get to it tonight!

In the meantime, stay gorgeous!
Lauren