Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Fall 2014 Wish List


I don't care what the calendar says, fall has hit New England and it has hit it hard. The temperatures around these parts have gone from 85 to 65 in literally a matter of days. As much as I hate the cold, I'm trying to embrace the coming season by thinking about all the wonderful things autumn has to offer. Scarves, boots, the return of my beloved Pumpkin coffee at Dunkin' Donuts. I could probably make a list a mile long. Instead, here's a more practical list of 10 things I'm lusting after for the fall season.



1. With the days growing shorter and the nights growing cooler I really look forward to putting on sweats and making myself a cup of tea after work. As an avid tea drinker I'm all about the loose leaf stuff, and Teavana has some ridiculously tasty and festive blends for the season. One of my returning favorites is Spiced Apple Cider Rooibos Tea ($8.98 per 2 oz) which essentially tastes like fall in a cup. With sweet apples and plums contrasted by spicy notes of cinnamon, this caffeine free tisane is my go-to beverage of choice to unwind.

2. For me, summer is all about carefree, lazy beauty, which means I'm rarely reaching for lipstick. After a few months of makeup vacation I am all ready to rock a pigmented pout. I absolutely love the formula of Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick ($24) and for fall the shade Zin, a muted berry, is totally calling to me.

3. I'm not going to lie, I am all too excited to bring my boots back from closet hibernation. I currently own two pairs, one black and one dark brown, both of which are a formal high heeled style.  In all of my Pinterest binging and blog reading I've decided that I'd really like to invest in a pair of more casual riding style boots with a low heel. While I have definitely decided that a good pair of boots is worth investing in, I'm not sure I'm ready to stomach the Frye price tag. For now I'll settle on oggling these "Anna" Charoal Boots ($427.95) and hope I can find a slightly more affordable alternative.

4. I can never have too many scarves. Seriously, I probably own at least 15 as it is. Maybe more. And if it wouldn't make my neck hot in the summer I'd wear them year round. They're just the perfect way to complete an outfit. I absolutely love the simple floral pattern of this Simply Vera Vera Wang Floral Lattice Scarf ($32) and think it would compliment quite a few items in my wardrobe.

5. Nothing says cozy like a warm, chunky sweater warn over a cute pair of leggings. I've got your basic brown, gray, and black pairs already, but I'd love to add some prints to my collection. In line with the floral theme (because floral patterns are kind of my jam) I thought these Lauren Conrad Print Leggings ($24) were just too cute, while also sporting a versatile color palette.

6. For someone as generally upbeat and sweet as myself, you might not expect me to gravitate as much toward the nail polish colors that I do. What can I say? I've got a bit of a dark side. When I recently reorganized my nail polish stash I realized that I was severely lacking in the dark red/burgundy family, colors that are totally on-trend for fall. I've also been meaning to try more of Julep's polishes, because I really liked the formula of the one shade I've tried. Julep Nail Color in Coco ($14), an oxblood creme, would check boxes off both of my lists.

7. NEST is a brand that I recently stumbled upon. While their fine fragrance collection looks amazing, they also make luxury candles. The thought of coming home to a house that smells like this Pumpkin Chai Classic Candle ($34) sounds divine.

8. Fall is bath season, and no one does baths better (in my humble opinion) than LUSH. Amid their many wonderfully scented offerings, their Phoenix Rising Bath Bomb ($6.95) just screams fall. Royal purple water scented like an apple pie? How can you resist?

9. Earrings are probably my favorite jewelry item. I especially love cute, quirky ones like these Lauren Conrad Owl Drop Earrings ($14). Owl have kind of exploded everywhere over the last couple of years, and while I haven't bought in to the craze, I do see them as a symbol of fall. Lauren Conrad always manages to strike a perfect balance between cute and chic. It's nice to add a playful element to your outfit without sacrificing sophistication.

10. I need another palette like I need a hole in the head. But that doesn't stop me from oohing and ahhing over this Limited Edition Tarte Rainforest After Dark Eye & Cheek Palette ($38). With a bronzer, highlighter, blush, and 6 shadows, you've got everything you need to create your look in one handy place. Not to mention the fact that the colors are absolutely gorgeous and totally on-point for fall.