Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Little Birdie Told Me... Vol. 2


I don't know how many times I've looked at the clock and had it be way later than I expected. Time just seriously has a way of disappearing! On that note, another month is somehow coming to a close. Here's the rundown of some of my favorite posts from around the blog-o-sphere in April.



From left to right, top to bottom:

1. There have been many things Essie Button has made me lust after, but most recently it has to be these personalized bath salts. I mean, really. How can any bath lover NOT want these?!

2. Who doesn't have a fond memory of Funfetti cupcakes from their childhood? I seriously can't wait to try this from-scratch version from Cooking Classy, especially the homemade buttercream frosting. 

3. If you could use a little infusion of spring cheer in your life, download one of these adorable free wallpapers for your computer or phone designed by WishWishWish.

4. As much as I love doing my nails, I haven't dabbled too much in nail art. I love the look of stamped designs, so you can understand why I was so excited to come across this handy video guide from Strikeapose that details her technique.

5. Julia from Gal Meets Glam has some fierce fashion sense. I've never been one to rock a romper, but when she makes this one look this good, I'm tempted to try. Also, can we talk about how awesome that hat is? Seriously.

6. Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup shares some tips and her favorite products for getting that no-makeup-makeup look, aka how to appear as #flawless as Beyonce.

7. There are some recipes you see and just know, without any trial necessary, that they are going to be knock-your-socks-off amazing. I made this one from Brown Eyed Baker for my chocoholic boyfriend, and I think it earned me some serious...ahem...brownie points. (That's right...I went there.)

8. I've heard so many great things about Zoeva brushes, but the international shipping rates are killer. So maybe I'm torturing myself by reading this lovely in-depth review of their classic set from Daisy Dew...but I can't help myself.

9. If you've got a pinterest wedding board, I can almost bet you've pinned at least one picture from Hair & Makeup by Steph. Her updos are beyond gorgeous. However, her website is also full of great styling and hair care tutorials, like this one on how to get that beachy wave look, even if you have thin, stick straight hair like myself.