Sunday, April 6, 2014

March 2014 Glambag


Today is a good day.

The sun is shining, the temperature outside is nearing 60 degrees, and I am currently taking a lunch break during what has been a much needed spring cleaning rampage. Yesterday I threw out three trashbags worth of random junk that was left over after reorganizing the closets in my bedroom.

Three.

And that was just one room.

I don't know about you, but I always feel a million times more relaxed when my house is clean. It never seems to stay that way for long, despite my best efforts. But in fairness, it's much easier to make a mess than it is to clean it up.

Aside from my tidying to-do list, I also have quite a lengthy blogging to-do list to get working on. One of the first things I realized is that I never reviewed my March Glambag. I'm pretty terrible about being timely about these kinds of things.

This month subscribers received four, rather than the usual five products, although considering what they were, I'm not complaining all that much.

As usual, I mostly received some fun color cosmetics, with a nice little skincare treat to switch things up. With some very hyped brands being sampled, the quality of this month's products was definitely top notch.


Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches for Tired Eyes
Sample Value, $5.14 (Full Size, 7 pairs for $18 )

I have to say that I'm pretty fortunate in the eye department. Puffiness, dark circles and bags are not things that I have to worry about on a regular basis. However, I have had my share of sleepless nights and too-early mornings that leave my peepers needing a little extra love. Such times are the perfect to bust out these eye patches. Each pouch contains two single-use eye patches that are meant to reduce swelling and puffiness in the under eye area, leaving you to look and feel more relaxed and refreshed. I tried these out yesterday during a little Saturday morning pampering session, and while they felt pretty nice, I can't say that I noticed any kind of visible difference in my under eye region. As allergy season approaches, though, I think these might be life savers. I would recommend storing them in the fridge, as I think they would feel even more amazing when cold.

From Left to Right: Bora Bora, Risky Business, Rock Bottom, Starlet

Be a Bombshell Bora Bora Eyeshadow Quad
Full Size, $16

It seems that Ipsy has been sampling products from Be a Bombshell pretty regularly. While I wasn't overly impressed with the first two products that I tried from the line in previous bags, I think this eyeshadow quad may turn things around for me. The shadows themselves have decent pigmentation and blend pretty well. This particular collection of colors is gorgeous for the summertime. I love the pop of bright turquoise against shimmery bronze tones - it screams sunset at the beach! Will definitely be making more use of this in the warmer weather.


Chella Eyeliner Pen in Indigo Blue
Full Size, $24

Of all the brands that I've been clued in to because of Ipsy, Chella is definitely one of my absolute favorites. This is the third Chella product I've gotten to try through Ipsy, and I've yet to be disappointed. I've been on a bit of a liquid liner kick lately (which you can read about here). While I've tried quite a few different black formulas, this is the first colored liquid liner I've added to my collection. This blue is a bit vibrant, but it definitely makes a fun statement eye for an evening out. The nib on this particular pen is a bit stiff, and has a very fine point, making it easy to be precise and draw a very fine line, but a little bit trickier if you're going for something thicker and more dramatic. It seems to have really great lasting power, not smudging or budging once it sets. This might not be something I'll be wearing every day, but I'm definitely happy to have this in my stash!


Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready
Sample Value, $7.50 (Full Size, $18)

I have to say, while Bare Minerals was one of the first prestige makeup lines I ever experimented with, I haven't been keeping up with their recent releases. I did, however, manage to hear about Marvelous Moxie, and have been wanting to try it out. As you would expect, I was pretty excited that Ipsy gave us the opportunity to sample either a lipstick or lipgloss from the line this month. I received the lipstick in the shade Get Ready, which is described as a warm, rosy pink. The formula is a bit on the sheer side, but still provides good pigmentation, and has a nice creamy feel on the lips. This particular shade, while perhaps not the most ideally flattering for my skintone, is still very neutral and easily wearable for the everyday.


Total Bag Value: $51.64

I would say March was an all-around solid month for Ipsy. With two great full-sized products I really can't complain. I don't know if you've been keeping an eye on the sneak peeks, but April looks like it's going to be pretty amazing (so far I've seen hints of Urban Decay, Cailyn, Benefit, Dr. Brandt and more). Interested in getting your own glambag each month? Check out my detailed review of the Ipsy service and see what I've gotten in previous months' bags.

All right lovelies, it's time for me to jet. Lunch break turned into lunch, nap, blogging and getting caught up on the latest episodes of Community break, so now it's time to get back to cleaning! Enjoy the rest of your Sundays.

<3 Lauren