Tuesday, April 29, 2014

China Glaze City Flourish Collection - Peonies & Park Ave Swatches and Review


During my last ULTA shopping spree, I stumbled upon this amazing set of springy China Glaze polishes. Peonies & Park Ave contains one half of the China Glaze City Flourish collection, complete with 6 gorgeous creme colors ranging from coral, to lilac, to mint. At a $30 price point you're also saving $2.50 on each bottle. I mean, really. How could I possibly resist?

Spring in My Step - An opaque pale pink

Petal to the Metal - A creamy coral (I found this to be the most pigmented/least streaky polish of the set)

Peonies & Park Ave - A vibrant magenta

In a Lily Bit - A soft, pastel purple

Lotus Begin - a true lilac creme

 At Vase Value - A pastel aqua

If I wasn't clear before, I ADORE this color selection. It's so perfect for spring. It also made me so happy that all of these polishes had a creme finish. I don't know what it is about shimmer or glitter, but I seldom am feeling it lately.

All of the above swatches are of two coats of polish (sans top coat, because I'm lazy). For the most part I found that the formula for all of these polishes (maybe with the exception of Petal to the Metal) was on the thin side and could have a streaky finish if not applied carefully. I would advise at least 2-3 thin coats of polish, letting each layer dry completely before applying the next.

I was a little bit disappointed in the wear time of this polish. I had some small chips very quickly with the first manicure I did using In a Lily Bit. However, I'd like to try again, maybe with another top/base coat combination, to see if I notice a difference. To be fair to the polish, my nails were longer at the time than they were when I did these swatches, and I tend to chip any polish more easily when my nails are long.

Long story short, the jury is still out on the formula, but I'm happy regardless that I decided to go out on a limb and purchase this set. I was definitely lacking some of these colors for my nail polish collection (somehow. I don't know how that's possible).

Have you tried any of these China Glaze polishes? Which color would be happiest to rock this spring?