Friday, August 8, 2014

Birdie Bites - The Perfect Margarita


If I could only drink one cocktail for the rest of forever, it would be you, Margarita.


Most of the time I encounter margaritas at restaurants or parties I'm presented with a frozen concoction comprised of pre-bottled mixes and sub-par tequila. And they're not terrible. I guess. But I feel like they are so far removed from what a margarita should be that they should almost be considered another type of drink all together.

To me a classic margarita is all about the taste of fresh limes and good tequila. They're incredibly refreshing, and make for a perfect cocktail to serve on a hot summer night like this one. My secret recipe is served on the rocks, and is chock full of simple natural ingredients in lieu of any sugary mixes. But I should warn you, once you try it you may never be able to look at those restaurant style frozen margaritas the same way again.

LBB's Perfect Margarita
  • 2 oz white tequila (I prefer 1800 Silver)
  • 0.5 oz triple sec or other orange flavored liquor
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • Splash of OJ, fresh squeezed preferred
  • Agave Nectar (to your desired sweetness)
Run one of the juiced lime halves along the rim of your glass and dip into either coarse salt or raw sugar (my personal preference). Combine all ingredients in a shaker over ice and mix vigorously. Serve without straining in your rimmed glass.


So so delicious. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Not a tequila fan? What's your favorite summertime cocktail?