Sunday, September 1, 2013

Updates, Sales and Other Exciting News!

So, let me get the bad news out of the way first.

I may or may not be sick...And by may or may not be, I mean most likely am. Last night I was driving home from a friend's house and noticed my throat was kind of sore. I figured I was just a little dehydrated, so I drank a big glass of water and went to bed. Unfortunately for me, I don't think it was a little dehydration, as the angry scratchy pain only got worse to the point that it woke me up around 3:00 this morning.

Unable to actually fall back asleep I decided to grab a cough drop and peruse the internet for a while until I got sleepy again. I started working on the blog post that I put up earlier this morning, and then I surfed Facebook for a while.

And lo and behold, I stumbled upon something AWESOME!


I actually won one of Ipsy's Facebook giveaways! I had to look at it about 15 times to make sure my name was really there and I wasn't just seeing things in my half-awake state. But after confirmation this morning, it really was there! I'm not sure which giveaway I won, because I entered a few of them, but I'm really hoping that it's Mica Beauty, because from the look of the picture the prize is this brush set.

How beautiful are those brushes?! Like...seriously!

I honestly am happy to be getting anything at all, but to win those babies would be shut-the-front-door amazing.

If I remember correctly I also entered to win something from NYX and Pacifica, so it could be something along the lines of these as well.

So, needless to say, even though I don't feel well this morning and I have to work a 9 hour catering shift later today, I am still really happy. I'm also thankful that I ended up waking up when I did and having the time to peruse Facebook, even if it was at 3 am. I didn't realize that they posted the winner list after 5 pm Pacific Time on Friday, and when I didn't get any kind of email notification earlier in the day I just assumed I didn't win. I actually was still bummed from not being picked to host a Lash Bash and feeling generally pessimistic. But let that be a lesson to me! Sometimes life surprises you when you least expect it.

In other news, if you haven't noticed, Sephora is having a huge summer sale. VIBs got early access and I was able to snag some stuff at ridiculous prices. I was also happily surprised to see that it was waiting for me on my doorstep on Friday when I got home from work. I automatically assumed that it wouldn't get here until Tuesday. I haven't had a chance to play with everything yet, but I will definitely share when I do.

In the meantime, check out the sale here!

Here are a few of my personal recommendations for sweet deals they've got:


Regular Price: $9.50, Sale Price: $4.50



Regular Price: $19.00, Sale Price: $6.00


Regular Price: $14.00, Sale Price: $7.00


Regular Price: $19.00, Sale Price: $10.00


Regular Price: $20.00, Sale Price: $12.00


Regular Price: $55.00, Sale Price: $19.00


Happy Shopping all!
Lauren