Thursday, February 12, 2015

Tea Time - Mighty Leaf White Orchard Review


If you checked out my post from Monday you'll know that I struck a gold mine in my most recent Birchbox order. I received not one but TWO sampler packs from two amazing tea brands. I'm just about as crazy for tea as I am for beauty products, so I was understandably excited as a kid on Christmas to suddenly have 9 (or 10 counting the box I ordered) new flavors to try. Needing a reminder of warm weather and summertime, I decided to start off with Mighty Leaf's White Orchard.


White Orchard is a white and green tea blend with hints of melon and peach. You certainly get the fruit notes in its aroma, although they're much more subtle in taste. The earthy flavor of the green tea is a bit more prominent, and the mouth feel has that slight dry, puckery quality to it (or tannins, similar to those in red wine). It's very smooth and not overly sweet. If you're someone who doesn't normally drink green tea, this would be a great way to dip your toes in the water.

I also want to note that I really love the design of Mighty Leaf's tea bags. They're extremely roomy, giving your tea plenty of space to expand while it steeps so you'll get the most flavor out of the leaves. They're also not made with any glues, staples, or other potentially toxic particles that you wouldn't want seeping into your tea, and are even compostable!

While each tea bag is perhaps a little bit on the pricier side comparatively to, say, a box of Celestial Seasonings (costing around $0.66 a bag or $9.95 for box of 15 sachets), when you consider how much money you might spend for a single cup of coffee at Dunkin and how high quality this tea truly is, I think it's absolutely worth the money.


All in all I thought this tea was really quite delicious. Green and white tea have so many amazing health benefits, and the melon and peach flavors in this particular blend make getting those benefits even tastier. I can't wait to try the other Mighty Leaf tea samples I received with this one. Let's hope they're just as good!

Have you ever tried Mighty Leaf Tea? What's your favorite flavor?