Saturday, February 21, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box Winter 2014


So this post is a bit overdue, as I'm pretty sure my box arrived sometime in December. When I've got an abundance of things I want to write about, it seems inevtiable that a few posts remain in the "draft" category of my blogger page for far too long. But never fear, Walmart Beauty Box, I have not forgotten about you!

For a flat $5 fee Walmart will deliver a box of drugstore beauty goodies to your doorstep at the start of each season. If your budget is tight and doesn't have room for a monthly beauty subscription, this is a great low cost alternative. At a cost of only $20 a year it's a more-than-affordable option for getting your beauty fix. There are usually a few versions of the box that cater to particular age groups, and many times they contain at least one or two full sized items. Sound like a good thing to you? You can sign up to start getting your own Walmart Beauty Box here!

Now that you're a little better acquainted, let me show you what Walmart sent for this winter.


First up is the  L'Oreal OleoTherapy Oil Infused Shampoo and Conditioner duo, which retail for about $5.97 each (sample value $1.40 each). Fun fact, I had actually purchased the full size of this duo back in October, but ended up giving it to my brother who was complaining about how dry his hair felt before I had a chance to try it. I was a little afraid that this formula was going to be too heavy for my fine hair, what with the whole oil infusion thing, and had been wondering if I had made a good purchase in the first place. However, I am SO GLAD that I got a second chance to try this because I've seriously fallen in love. This duo keeps my hair feeling incredibly soft without making it look dull or heavy. The shampoo formula is sulfate free, so it doesn't strip your hair of essential moisture, but still lathers well and leaves your hair feeling clean. The conditioner is creamy and rich without being heavy or greasy. The smell is a little bit botanical, earthy and not too feminine. Basically, if your hair needs some extra hydration and nourishment, give this pair a try.



I have heard many a great thing about this Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream. I'm actually planning on holding off on trying this until the weather warms up a bit and I can start showing some skin again. I sort of feel like testing it now would be a waste since I spend most of my days layered up from head to toe given that the temperatures right now have settled in to about 15 degrees or less. This cream is meant to perfect the look of your skin over time, with visible results after 5 days of use. As soon as skirt season becomes a thing again, the game is on! Retail value for a full-sized bottle is $11.97 (sample value $1.60).


I know opinions on makeup remover wipes are pretty varied in the beauty community, but I personally still find them nice to have on hand. I am also holding off on using these Olay Fresh Effects Deluxe Makeup Removal Wet Cloths until I run out of my Yes to Grapefruit Wipes. I've found these types of packages start to dry out once they're open, and I'd rather finish one completely before I start another. But, I will say that the online reviews for these wipes are generally really positive, and a honeysuckle and white tea essence sounds quite appealing, so I'm looking forward to giving these a go! A full-sized package retails for $4.96 (sample value $1.40)


I was totally pleased to see a full sized Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in my box. I've already got several shades in my arsenal and I think the formula is great for a drugstore brand. Creamy, pigmented, and long wearing, they're definitely one of my everyday favorite lip products. At a retail value of $5.50 they're also incredibly affordable! The shade I received is Maple Kiss, a deep, warm nude.


Body lotion has basically been a must for me all winter. I'm super excited to try out this sample of Nivea Cocoa Butter Body Lotion. It's got great reviews, and I know cocoa butter smells awesome, so I think this one is going to be a winner. I also love that they threw a coupon in there, too. Saving money is a thing I'm always down for! And for a retail value around $6 for 16.9 oz of product, you're already getting a bargain even without it.

I would say this box was $5 well spent! The total value of everything I received was around $12, so it was also a pretty good value. Spring boxes start shipping next week, so I'm sure I'll be getting another round of goodies soon!