Saturday, September 5, 2015

August 2015 Flashback


Who else is crazy excited that labor day weekend is finally here?! I don't know about you, but a three day weekend feels SO necessary after this past week. I've spent the first hour of my day so far snuggled up on the couch with my cup of coffee catching up on a bit of blogging work and it feels glorious. I love Saturday mornings on any given week, but knowing that I have three whole days of freedom ahead of me makes it even better.

So, to kick things off I thought I'd share this slightly overdue roundup of August blogging highlights. I hit a really productive streak mid month and was able to churn out so many posts that I had been wanting to write. It felt really good to be able to actually focus on blogging for a bit and made me wish I had that kind of time all of the time! So without more of my rambling, here's a look back at some of the happenings at Little Blushing Birdie from last month.


1. It may be September, but summer isn't over yet! Enjoy the last rays of sunshine with this refreshing non-alcoholic cocktail.

2. I'm such a sucker for Limited Edition Birchboxes, so I couldn't resist grabbing this Birchbox for CEW Prestige Headliners Collection. It's a total steal for only $18, so you definitely should come check it out!

3. Target is a magical place where my time and money disappears. I picked up a whole bunch of non-beauty goodies last month and decided to make a little haul video about my loot.

4. Stila and I totally had a moment last month as I became head-over-heels in love with their orangey-red lip and cheek products. You can see them in action in my everyday summer makeup look.

5. I still can't get over how lovely the Korres Wild Rose Vitamin C Petal Peel is. If you want a luxurious spa experience at home, you need to check it out.

6. Thanks to the awesome folks over at Influenster I FINALLY got my hands on some beautiful YSL products. I wrote up an in-depth review of their newly launched Touché Eclat Blur Primer and Blur Perfector, which both will help you get radiant, flawless looking skin.

7. Flash Tattoos are basically the most fun form of non-permanent wearable art I've come across...possibly ever. Come get the scoop on how they work as well as a fun little nail art idea I created that was inspired by my favorite set of designs.

8. Curious about the newly launched Coola Makeup Setting Spray? I've got all the deets in my in-depth review!

9. Hair falling flat? You need some texturizing spray in your life! I shared my 5 favorite formulas as well as a few handy tips for giving your hair some extra oomph.

10. Call it strobing or call it highlighting, if you want that lit-from-within glow you definitely don't want to miss this post!

11. Who doesn't love sales?! I shared my picks for the Sephora End-of-Summer sale, which you may still have a limited time to cash in on.

12. Wantable has been so good to me this year! I absolutely loved my August Accessories Collection, and even got to be one of their Photo Friday winners.