Monday, September 7, 2015

Get a Perfect Flush with the Milani Limited Edition Rose Powder Blush


Guys, I have a problem. I have a serious weakness for blush. This is probably not shocking news, what with my writing a blog called Little Blushing Birdie, but I digress. It's just so darn lovely, and there are so many beautiful shades and formulas out there that I just can't stop trying new ones. One of my most recent purchases was this gorgeous Milani Limited Edition Rose Powder Blush in the shade Blossomtime Rose. I've been eyeing the Rose Powder Blushes for some time now, but since they're a permanent part of the Milani collection I'd kept myself from pulling the trigger. And then of course I saw the display of three new Limited Edition shades while I was at CVS, and with the added pressure of sales and coupons I cracked. I mean, who could resist taking home such a beaut as this when it was essentially free? It'd almost be a crime not to!


Really, though. How gorgeous is this blush?! From the sleek gold packaging, to the rose petal embossing it's just such a stunner. While it may be lacking a mirror and brush I'm really not disappointed. I'll take a slimmer case and extra room in my makeup bag over a throwaway brush any day, and I think the clear plastic lid makes complete sense given how pretty the product looks in the pan.

The new LE releases are available in three shades: American Beauty Rose, a true rose pink with a gold pearlescent finish, Awakening Rose, a dusty rose with an iridescent pearl finish, and Blossomtime Rose, a peachy rose with a gold pearlescent finish. Warm toned blushes really suit my yellow undertoned skin, which is why I personally decided to go with the Blossomtime shade.

Now, I was already a huge fan of the Milani Baked Blushes, so this formula had a lot to live up to. Fortunately I think Milani hit the nail on the head yet again. These blushes aren't overly soft and powdery, so you don't kick up a ton of product each time your swirl your brush in the pan. The formula has also got the perfect level of pigmentation. It's relatively sheer, but very buildable, which makes it incredibly easy to get a perfectly natural looking flush.

Perhaps the best part, though, is the golden pearlescent finish. When you look at the product in the pan it actually seems quite matte. However, on the skin it's got this subtle golden glow to it that does a beautiful job of reflecting light. I'm not a huge fan of chunky sparkles or heavy glitter in blushes, and this is about as far from glittery as you can get. The shimmer is so finely milled that you just look sort of radiant, and not so much like a disco ball.


As with a lot of powder formulas, this blush doesn't have insane lasting power, although if you lock it down with a setting spray you'll certainly get a good 6-8 hours of wear out of it. For a drugstore blush it's really top notch in quality, both in performance and in presentation. It retails for $7.99, although you can almost always find a sale on Milani at your local drugstore. Just don't wait too long, as Limited Edition products almost always have a tendency to disappear pretty quickly!

Have you tried the Milani Rose Powder Blushes? Which shade is your favorite?