Saturday, November 14, 2015

LUSH-Tastic Bath Haul


Friends. Have you SEEN all of the new bath time launches at LUSH?! Maybe it's just me being a diehard Lushie/bath enthusiast, but honestly these new bath bombs and bubble bars are truly a spectacle to behold. Between holiday themed wonders, and extra colorful and imaginative additions to their permanent collection, there was no keeping me away from my local LUSH shop. While it was incredibly hard to choose, I ended up taking home these six lovely bath goodies, all of which I've never tried before.


When it comes to bath time, LUSH takes things to a whole new level. With vibrant colors, gorgeous scents, the soothing sounds of your bath bomb fizzing and crackling away, and luxurious butters and oils to envelop your skin in warm, silky bliss, there's really no other experience like a LUSH bath. To me a LUSH bath isn't an everyday occurrence (nor would my wallet allow for it) but rather a special treat on those days worth of celebration or rejuvenation. Over the years I've probably tried almost every LUSH bath product in existence, so you can only imagine my excitement at a whole collection of brand new ones to try. Here's a closer look at each of the goodies I decided to replenish my stash with!




Have you been naughty or nice this year? Only Peeping Santa knows for sure, so you should probably crumble him up in your tub before he tells everyone your secrets! Made with hand-churned shea butter from the Ojoba women's cooperative in Ghana and creamy fair trade cocoa butter, this bubbler will keep winter skin soft and smelling like sweet summer strawberries. What more could you ask for this Christmas?
($6.95)


Fan's of LUSH's Strawberry Feels Massage Bar, this one is for you. Not only is this little bubble bar absolutely adorable, but it adorns the same sweet, dreamy, strawberry scent. Much like last year's Wizard bubble bar, the shape of this will probably be a little tricky to break apart for use in multiple baths, and the assistance of a knife may be needed.




It’s all humbug, I tell you. Humbug! If the Christmasy sights seem horrible as can be, cleansing tarragon mixed with relaxing fennel provide a welcome antidote. 'Tis the season of avoidable merriment, so pop on a frown and crumble this moody, deep purple bar under running water. Its enticing licorice scent with softening organic illipe butter provide safe haven for Scrooges.
($6.95)


The black licorice is one of those love-it-or-hate-it things in life that polarizes people. Personally I'm on team black jelly bean all the way, so I thought this anise-scented bubble bar would be right up my alley. The smell from the bar itself isn't particularly strong, so I'm curious to see what it's like when it hits the water. This sports the same styling as the Comforter bubble bar (one of my personal faves), which means that in addition to being easy on the eyes, it'll also easily break into chunks to savor it over two or three baths.




Launch this one in the water and watch it shoot and spin. Stay very still to see the swirling colors of the night sky dazzle in your bathtub. As the calming blanket of shimmering midnight blue unfolds, Brazilian orange and bergamot oils take your skin to heaven as your mood rockets straight up to the stars.
($6.95)


Guys. This bath bomb smells SO GOOD. Any type of description that I can scrape together really won't do it justice, so if you have a LUSH store within reasonable proximity to your nose, do yourself a favor and introduce them to each other. I have a feeling that the colors in this bath bomb are also going to be spectacular and I seriously can't wait to see it in action. All I can think of when I look at this bath bomb is blissfully sinking into a tub full of shimmering, midnight blue waters on a chilly evening and soaking all of my cares away.




Sweeter than dipping into the cookie jar, this luxurious bomb is sure to warm you up cold, frosty evenings. Spicy clove bud oil stimulates the senses while soy milk powder and organic shea butter create creamy, comforting waters. Luxuriate in comforting toffee soaks with clouds of gold and a touch of luster.
($6.95)


Gourmand fragrance lovers will definitely appreciate this toffee-scented bath bomb. It's cookie sweet moreso than candy sweet (does this make sense to anyone else, or am I just revealing that I'm way too serious about dessert) and is balanced with some deliciously creamy and spicy notes. I love the gold shimmer effect of Dragon's Egg bath bomb, so I'm hoping that this will do something similar.





Fancy an uplifting cocktail? Cognac and zesty lime oils get this bath party started with mood-brightening scents while sweet orange oil refreshes the senses. In the water, this present-shaped fizzer unwraps itself to reveal glittering golden luster and a sparkling turquoise explosion. Don't wait until Christmas day to bathe yourself in festive luxury!
($6.95)


Every year I tell myself I'm going to try this bath bomb, and every year I somehow miss out. This time around, though, I finally put my money where my mouth was and took one home with me. I know that while this present-shaped bath bomb looks quite demure, but actually promises bursts of amazing color as the exterior shell melts away. You can even hear the little beads (or discs, or whatever they are) rattling around inside, piquing my curiosity even further. To top things off, this bath bomb also sports a cheery citrus scent, which totally tickles the fancy of my inner lemon addict.




Drop this vibrant fizzer in your tub and venture into your very own bathtime motion picture. This bathing blockbuster stars vivid, swirling colors to enthrall your senses, crackling popping candy, and the sweet comforting fragrances of fair trade vanilla and tonka absolutes. It's the most thrilling bath number ever staged!
($8.95)


Of all the bath bombs and bubble bars I took home with me, this is the only one that's part of LUSH's new permanent bath collection. From first glance you know that this bath bomb is going to be a showstopper, and I couldn't wait to see how amazing it looked melting and fizzing away in the tub. While the scent of this is decidedly sweet, it's got a certain sort of depth from the Tonka absolute. Like Vanilla's evil twin, or the vanilla from the darkest timeline (more people need to watch Community. For reals.).




Even though I probably could have waited, I was itching to try out at least one of my new goodies shortly after bringing my haul home. Knowing that The Experimenter was new and promised to be awesome, I decided that it would have the honor of being the first one to live out its fizzy glory. I also thought it would be fun to capture all the action on video to share with you guys, so you could have a little taste of what this new bath bomb is like in person.


Long story short, I was NOT disappointed by this bath bomb. It turns your bath water a deep blue-gray color with swirling silver luster. The fragrance is powerful (sensitive noses beware) but I absolutely loved it. The scent (as well as the sparkle) lingered on my skin for hours after getting out of the bath, in addition to making it feel extra soft and pampered. Also, while I've dubbed over the actual sounds of the bath bomb in this video, in real life you can totally hear the popping candies fizzing away while the bath bomb is melting. For $9 it's not an experience I can afford to have on the regular, but I think it's worth it as a special treat.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on LUSH bath products. Are you as addicted as I am? Do you think it's worth it to spend $6+ on a single bath? What would make it worth it for you? Also, if you enjoyed this little demo video, I would be happy to film more as I go through my stash. Let me know which one you'd like to see next!

Which LUSH bath product is calling your name?