Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February 2017 Flashback


Hello there, friends! For the shortest month of the year, I feel like so much happened beauty and blogging wise in February. I tested and reviewed A TON of amazing new products, filmed the most popular series on my YouTube channel to date, AND I hit a thousand followers on Instagram (speaking of which, you still have until the end of the day today to enter my giveaway!). Even though I'm still in a bit of denial that two months of 2017 are already behind us, I'm totally pumped for what's yet to come. So before we say hello to March, let's take a look back at all the fun happenings over at Little Blushing Birdie from February!


Perhaps the biggest undertaking of the last month was filming my Makeup Collection & Declutter series over on my YouTube channel. It felt so good to get myself organized, and I had a ton of fun swatching and playing with all of my makeup. Editing over 5 hours worth of video footage was no small task, but it was totally worth it in the end!

I also gave you guys a peek at the current contents of my 9-Pan Z-Palette and wrote up some tips on how you can curate your own dream eyeshadow collection. If you've never ventured into the world of purchasing eyeshadow singles sans-packaging, you'll have to read my post and see why I think it's a fantastic idea for makeup junkies and minimalists alike!

And then there were reviews. Perhaps the prettiest of all the things I tried out this month was a brand new collection of oval makeup brushes from Royal and Langnickel. The MODA Prismatic Perfecting Face Kit is basically what I imagine a mermaid would use to put on her makeup. As soon as you check out my review, you'll understand what I mean.

I've seen so many other beauty enthusiasts loving on these lipsticks this month, and for good reason! The Hourglass GIRL Lip Stylos are velvety smooth and hydrating without skimping on pigmentation. I took home two of the 20 shades from GenBeauty LA and wrote up a detailed review in case you'd like to learn more.

Speaking of lip products, if you're as obsessed with lippies as I am, you definitely don't want to miss out on the review I did of Sephora's new Give Me Some Nude Lip Kit. For $28 you get to try 6 gorgeous lip products in universally flattering nude shades. Come see me make silly faces at the camera while I try each of them on!

I also discovered a few other ridiculous bargains this past month that I couldn't wait to share with you guys. First was the LORAC Lip & Cheek Set, which lets you try three full-sized LORAC products for only $30 (sidenote, I loved the blush so much it made it into my monthly favorites). And then there was also the slightly more splurge-y Create Your Own Light Set from Becca that got me to make my first-ever purchase from Beautylish. If you've ever been curious about Becca's products, this set is the perfect way to try some of her best sellers at a serious discount.

Makeup wasn't the only thing I was loving on in the last month. I also discovered some really amazing new skin and body care products that I think you guys will get excited about. If you're a supporter of eco-friendly, ingredient-conscious beauty you definitely need to check out Promise Organic. This CVS exclusive brand is not only super affordable, but it also skips out on nasty chemicals and preservatives. While I'm still testing out their facial skincare, I shared my thoughts on their Argan Body Collection earlier this month (spoiler: it's bomb).

I also had a bit of a love affair with Pur~lisse in February. I was already obsessed with their sheet masks after taking home a box from GenBeauty NY in the fall, but this time around I got my hands on a full set of their skincare. Their products are so gentle, yet effective, and have been making my skin so, so happy. Right now they have a really amazing set for sale that supports Look Good Feel Better called the Skin Survival Kit that I shared my thoughts on last week!

And that about wraps things up! I hope you guys had an amazing month, and I can't wait to chat all things beauty with you in the next one. If you want to make sure you don't miss out on any posts from next month, make sure you subscribe to my blog via e-mail! I promise I won't spam your inbox. You'll just get an e-mail whenever a new post goes live for you to read. You can also subscribe to my YouTube channel to stay up to date on my latest tutorials, unboxings, and more. I'm SO CLOSE to hitting a thousand subscribers and have a pretty epic giveaway planned for when it happens!

What was your favorite moment from February?