Saturday, June 13, 2015

Little Blushing Birdie Turns Two!


There's cause to celebrate today, and I am well prepared with this delicious looking chocolate cupcake. Two years ago I sat down at my computer and created Little Blushing Birdie. 214 posts and 24 months in I am SO glad that I took that plunge. Starting a blog was a bit of an overwhelming undertaking, but its also been one of the most rewarding things I've ever done.


Blogging has been a really incredible journey for me. I may not have thousands of followers, or a ton of fancy brand partnerships, but I suppose I didn't start blogging with the intention of fame. I just wanted a space where I could share my passion for the beauty world, or whatever other little snippets of myself or my interests I thought other people might appreciate. Sure, I would love it if my blogging hobby could someday become something more, but for now I'm happy just having a creative outlet.

There's something truly rewarding about the process of creation. Looking at my posts and seeing the hours I spent taking pictures, editing, writing. All the time I spent googling new pieces of code to make my blog design look better. Teaching myself how to use photoshop, how to make custom graphics. So much time and energy and dedication has gone into making Little Blushing Birdie what it is today, and when I take a step back and realize, "Hey, I did that!" it's a pretty amazing feeling. And of course, it's also cool to own something that is ever evolving. When I think back to how LBB looked two years ago compared to now I feel like I've grown leaps and bounds in just about every possible way. I can only imagine how much more awesome things will be with two more years worth of learning and experience.

To all of my readers, I want to say THANK YOU for being a part of this experience. Thank you for your comments, for giving me love on Instagram, or Twitter, or wherever else you follow. Every time I hear from one of you it puts a smile on my face. I've truly been pleasantly surprised at how friendly and supportive the beauty blogging community has been over these past two years, and without all of you I don't know if I would have been able to stay motivated to keep posting and keep making my blog better week after week.

I seriously can't wait to see what the coming months (and hopefully years) have in store. I've got pages and pages of notes and post ideas as well as a ton of things already in the works for the next couple of weeks, so get ready for some amazing things to come your way! In the meantime, I'm going to go chow down on my celebratory dessert, and get to work! Hope you all are having fabulous weekends, and I will be talking with you all soon.

<3 Lauren