Wednesday, November 6, 2013

October 2013 Glambag


So...

We're going to say that I'm being fashionably late by writing this post in November.

In all reality things got a bit crazy for me toward the end of last month, and my Glambag arrived right before I left for California when I didn't get to pay it as much attention as I would have liked.

So here I am, writing my review a few weeks later than intended. Better late than never, right?

October's Glambag theme was The Art of Beauty. I don't know if I'd call the products I received this month particularly artful (maybe because I'm interpreting artful as colorful), but they are nevertheless pretty awesome. I also love that I got a bag with so much variety. From hair, to nails, to lips, to skin this bag has got me covered from head to toe.


Big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel
Travel-Size ($5.00 value)

I have to admit, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to styling my hair. Having been blessed with stick-straight hair I can get away with the wash-and-go technique most mornings. I do, however, love the look of my hair after a good blowout. It always has so much more volume and movement when I go the extra mile and take the time to do it right. I have to admit that I haven't had a chance to actually try this product yet (I know, I know...shame on me). I've been feeling pretty low-maintenance since I've gotten back from California, so I haven't had the energy to give this a proper test-drive. I am definitely intrigued by the promise of something that will give my hair an added boost, although I am also feeling a bit skeptical (or perhaps concerned?) about the fact that it is a gel. I think I've just been traumatized a bit from the super-extra-hold gel needed to shellac one's hair down for Ballroom competitions. Either way, I'm happy to have a Sexy Hair product and look forward to giving this a go!

Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly
Deluxe Sample ($8.87 Value)

Although I haven't experimented too much with the Buxom line thus far in my beauty adventuring, I have owned this exact lip gloss at least once before in the past. It isn't my favorite lip product in the world, but I am happy to have this mini in my arsenal again. A true-to-form lip gloss, these polishes are a bit on the heavy/sticky side. On the flip side, the trade off is beautifully shiny, full-looking lips. The cooling, minty flavor is also a nice perk as well. Dolly is a generally flattering color that will be easy to incorporate into a lot of different looks, but there are also many other colors available.


Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster
Deluxe Sample ($12 value)

I was so excited to see this little bottle of cosmetic liquid gold in my bag. I know a lot of people were hoping for this product, so I consider myself lucky to have received it. Ole Henriksen is a skincare line that I haven't tried before, but have always been curious about after reading many rave reviews. I think all skincare needs at least a couple of weeks worth of solid use before you can really form an accurate opinion, so I'll just give you my first impressions for now. This smells SO delicious - bright and citrusy - which makes application a joy. It also feels really nice once it starts to sink into your skin, and has a great hydrating effect. I can't wait to use this more regularly and see whether or not I notice any long term improvements in my skin!


Zoya Professional Laquer in Mason
Full-Size ($8.00 value)

I was so thrilled that Ipsy gave all subscribers a full-sized Zoya polish this month. Zoya is one of my favorite polish brands, and well, let's face it, I can never have too many in my stash. Subscribers all received a color from the new Fall 2013 Cashmeres & Satins Collection, which has a stunning variety of shimmering jewel toned shades. I got the color Mason, a vibrant pink leaning purple, with an almost metallic or frosty kind of finish. Although I tend to gravitate toward flat creme colors for everyday wear, I think that this is a gorgeous "going out" shade for the cooler months. As always, Zoya polishes apply very easily, and two coats will give you a nice opaque finish.

Deluxe Sample ($1.25 value)

Even though I probably have more bath and body products than I can seemingly use in a lifetime, I'm never disappointed to acquire another. I have to say that I was really impressed by this lotion for a number of reasons. Firstly, it very moisturizing without being overly heavy or greasy. Second, it smells wonderful - like a tropical coconut paradise (which is much appreciated now that the weather in New England is becoming increasingly Arctic in nature). Third, it's 100% natural and yet doesn't cost a fortune. You can pick up a full-sized bottle from your local Target for only $10. Actually, the whole Nourish Organic line looks really amazing, and I definitely want to invest in some full-sized products in the future.

Total Value: $35.12

All-in-all I was really pleased with my bag. Although it may not have the highest monetary value compared to those I've gotten in the past, I really liked the variety of products that I got. Moreso, I love being exposed to new brands that I can explore and try, which I feel like this bag definitely did with Nourish Organic and Ole Henriksen. From the look of the Sneak Peeks it looks like November is going to be a standout month for Ipsy as well, so I'm really looking forward to getting my next bag as well.

Interested in getting your own monthly Glambag? For only $10 a month you always get to try so many gorgeous products (and sometimes score full-sized beauties, too!) as well as participate in full Look challenges, contests, and giveaways. If you sign up using my referral link you'll give me credit for sending you their way (also, I will love your forever +1, because you already know I love you forever regardless).
 

I am SO excited about what November has in store. I've got lots of post ideas that I came up with on the 6 hour flight back from LA, and I can't wait to start writing/photographing. Brace yourself for lots of LBB goodness coming your way in the next few weeks!

Until then, stay gorgeous all!
Lauren