Friday, March 28, 2014

A Little Birdie Told Me... Vol. 1

I've been eagerly anticipating the end of March so that I could finally roll out this post. As I've gotten more and more invested in writing my own blog, I've also been spending a proportionally large amount of time reading other blogs and admiring the work they do. As excited as I am about some of the things I've come across, I decided to start this new series. Each month I plan on bringing you a small collection of my favorite recent posts from blogs I love.


From left to right, top to bottom:

1. This article from Who What Wear cracked me up. As much as I completely admire people's beautifully staged instagram photos, you really can't deny the truth about these popular photo cliches.

2. Cupcakes and Cashmere came up with the most brilliant idea to combine fresh flowers and fresh herbs into petite arrangements. I can't wait for my herb garden to start growing so that I can do this!

3. Nouvelle Daily has some excellent tips on de-cluttering and getting yourself organized, for those of us with spring cleaning fever.

4. I can't get enough of polka dots. So of course I love this silver-on-black matte mani from The Pretty Vain.

5. Why have I never thought of putting flavored coffee creamer in my oatmeal?? Creme de La Crumb offers this insanely delicious looking twist on a breakfast classic.

6. Love the look of contouring, but need a little help figuring out where to start? She's in the Glow offers a handy guide.

7. I've never been outside of the US, but Wish Wish Wish's lovely photographs make me want to hop a plane to London right now!

8. A self proclaimed lemon addict, these Lemon Cream Pie Bars from Willow Bird Baking are basically made for me to devour.

9. Ghostparties gave me a much needed dose of blogger-inspiration with this handy article about keeping your content fresh.

10. I have to admit, Bobbi Brown products are startlingly missing from my makeup collection. LipSoFacto kind of makes me want to jump on the Nectar and Nude bandwagon, though.



Are any of these posts your favorites as well? What blogs can you not get enough of? I'd love to hear your feedback about this new series, so let me know what you think!

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday, and relaxing weekends ahead of you!
<3 Lauren