Friday, May 22, 2015

May 2015 Wantable Accessories Collection


Another Wantable Accessories box has made it's way to my doorstep, and it's a good one! I actually managed to score my collection for free this month after winning one of Wantable's Photo Friday contests. All you need to do is share a picture of your Wantable collection on Instagram with the hashtag #Wantable and you're automatically entered to win! When I posted a picture of my April collection I totally wasn't expecting anything, so hearing from them was definitely a pleasant surprise.

This month I had two specific requests for my stylist. I said that I would really like a versatile statement necklace, and that I also was looking for more pieces to layer with. How well did she do? Pretty darn well, I think. Let me show you!


My May box included four pieces - two necklaces, a bracelet, and a pair of earrings. I think all four of them will work really well with my style and the types of clothing I frequently wear, so I was generally pretty happy!





Millie Earrings
The Millie earrings are simple studs with silver trim and pale green stones.

Retail Value, $9.00
Wantable Price, $4.19


I love love love mint green, so these simple studs are a welcome addition to my collection! I'm sure I could easily wear these with a casual outfit or dress them up. They also aren't too big or too heavy, which is always a plus.




Aspen Necklace (Silver)
The Aspen necklace is a beautiful statement piece with iridescent and light pastel stones on a silver base.

Retail Value, $42
Wantable Price, $19.53


I asked for a statement necklace, and my wishes were definitely granted! This black and silver toned piece is pretty chunky, and has a nice mix of glam with a sort of industrial feel. I really appreciate that the stones are a neutral opalescent color, so it can easily be worn with black, white, gray, and a multitude of colors. So far I've worn it a few times and always gotten compliments on it!




Elli Necklace (Gold)

The Elli necklace is an arrowhead layered necklace.

Retail Value, $21
Wantable Price, $9.77


At first I wasn't sure how I felt about this arrowhead necklace, but I've grown to really love it. It has a sort of boho feel, and looks really great with a lot of my flowy tops and necklaces. The built in layered look is also exactly what I was asking for, so I appreciate that my stylist picked this out.




Julie Bracelet (Silver)
The Julie bracelet is a simple brass silver cuff with a twist detail.

Retail Value, $14
Wantable Price, $6.51


This is probably the one piece that I'm the least excited about. The little twist detail is nice, but I feel like it protrudes quite a bit and I'm worried about how often I'm going to accidentally whack it on something. All by itself I'm also not a huge fan of how it looks, but I think it's really meant to be worn as part of a layered stack. Guess that just means I need more bracelets to wear with it!




All in all I'd say for my second go-round with Wantable I'm pretty impressed! I think their profile and review system works really well to inform your stylist of the types of pieces you'll enjoy and wear. From my own personal experience I would say adding a note to your stylist is also extremely helpful and will better guarantee you'll get the kinds of pieces you're currently lacking or desiring for your wardrobe. All you need to do is wait for the next month's collection to go live for ordering so you can update your profile! Also, I believe if you are a subscriber you'll have an auto recharge date, but you can manually go in and order you next box sooner if you don't want to wait. I'm thinking I might order one more box for next month and then maybe take a little break, just to save some extra cash. The fact that you can skip boxes whenever you need to is really a wonderful feature, especially when you have unexpected expenses that come up.

So, that's it for now! I know I've been a little MIA in the last week, but life has been crazy (additional a's for emphasis optional) lately. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up a bit over the holiday weekend and get to writing all of the awesome things I want to share! In the meantime, my 200th Post Giveaway closes today, so if you haven't had a chance to enter make sure to head over to that post and do it! There's some awesome loot up for grabs and you don't want to miss out.

Interested in getting your own Wantable Accessories box? Use my referral link and let them know I sent them your way! I really do appreciate it!