Monday, August 17, 2015

August 2015 Wantable Accessories Collection


After taking last month off from Wantable, this little package was a welcome sight on my doorstep. Even though being in scrubs 9 hours a day, 5 days a week means that I don't get to rock my jewelry collection as often as I'd like, I do still absolutely love to accessorize an outfit and can never have too many pieces at my disposal to choose from. Partly due to laziness and partly due to intrigue I did not leave any special requests for my stylist this month. So, leaving everything up to chance and the (hopefully) capable hands of my stylist, here's what I got in my August Wantable Accessories Collection.





The Skinny on Wantable

Wantable is a personalized styling service that delivers on-trend beauty and fashion to your doorstep. They currently offer three different "collections" (makeup, accessories, and intimates) and two different "edits" (style and fitness).

What it costs: $40 per collection, or a $20 styling fee for each edit, plus the cost of whatever you choose to keep.

Why it's special: Having your own personal shopper may seem like a glamorous indulgence, but Wantable makes it totally accessible to the everyday girl. You can choose which type of collection or edit suits your fancy, and then complete an extensive profile for that collection detailing your personal tastes. Wantable will make sure you never get a product type or style you mark as "disliked". You can also change up your profile each month as your needs/preferences change, and even write your stylist a note to help steer them in the right direction! If you still end up getting something you don't love, returns are totally free and easy. You can either return your entire box for full credit, or just a few items for partial credit. If you need a break, skipping a month is also incredibly easy to do. This also makes it easy to alternate months between collections if you'd like to try a few!

What you get back: for each complete collection that you'll keep, you get a $4 credit towards your next collection.

Interested in checking out Wantable? Join today using my referral link to let them know I clued you in.

Want to see more? Browse through my previous Wantable collection reviews here.





First off, let me commend Wantable for upping their packaging presentation this month. I found the little black cardboard box to be really well displayed compared to the little velvet pouches of yester-year. I mean, maybe they're still a thing and this month was just different, but either way, I dug it. This month I received four pieces in my accessories collection - two necklaces, a pair of earrings, and an infinity scarf. Apparently Wantable is learning my tastes, because I really loved everything that I got! The colors, the textures, pretty much everything about these pieces are so me that it's kind of perfect. Let me show you everything in a little more detail!





Lynn Earrings
Style tip: Wear with your favorite everyday gold necklace!

Retail price, $14
Wantable price, $6.75


These earrings are SO CUTE. I love the whole mint/gold combination, and the gemstones are the perfect size to be chic and classy without being overly dramatic. I could easily see them paired with a simple gold necklace and a flowy top. Definitely something I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of!




Char Necklace
Style tip: Let this piece be the perfect accessory to a navy dress.

Retail price, $19.00
Wantable price, $9.16


I wore this necklace last night layered with another shorter gold necklace and a gathered coral top and I really loved the overall look. I've never thought myself a tassel person, but this is sort of sleek and sophisticated enough to be easily wearable. Also, as suggested by the style tip, I have the perfect navy dress to pair this with! Definitely another winner.




Mallory Necklace
Style tip: Wear with a basic white top!

Retail price, $26
Wantable price, $12.53


So this necklace is probably the furthest from my comfort zone. I do love the statement pendant and long gold chain, and the peachy pink colors in this are definitely frequented in my wardrobe. The only thing I'm a little unsure of is the fringe. It's not something I would usually gravitate toward. Perhaps I'll have to pair this with a white top as suggested and see what I think of it. Lately I've found that funky pieces have the ability to grow on me over time, so I don't want to write this off just yet.




Lily Scarf
Style tip: Wear with a floral top

Retail price, $24
Wantable price, $11.57


I LOVE THIS SCARF. It's so flippin perfect for me and my style. The lace, the color...I think it's going to be a well worn and well loved piece this fall. Since it's still 90 degrees outside I don't think I'll be wearing this in the next couple of weeks, but I could totally see this as part of a dress/leggings/boots ensemble when it cools off a bit.




Thanks Wantable for being so on-point this month! For not putting any specific requests out there my stylist really did a great job of picking out pieces that suited me well. I do review all of my boxes and try to be honest and descriptive about what I do and don't like about specific pieces, so I'm hoping that that information is part of what drives me getting better and better boxes in the future. If you also are a Wantable subscriber I'd love to hear about your experiences as well!

What accessories are you loving this month?