Saturday, October 19, 2013

LUSH Haul & Lord of Misrule Demo


I love LUSH.

I've loved it for so many years, and up until maybe 6 months ago or so could only visit it on special occasions, being that the closest store was over an hour away. But now they've finally moved in to my local mall, which is both super convenient and super dangerous at the same time.

I actually have contained myself very well, all things considered. I haven't made a LUSH purchase in quite some time. But then I was reading

My original intention (or at least the excuse I gave myself) to go to LUSH was actually to pick up a more practical item. With my upcoming trip to California I thought that a LUSH shampoo bar would be perfect for travel, but my Ultimate Shine was nearing the end of it's life. Inspired by my oceanside travel destination, I decided to get the Seanik shampoo bar this time around.


Seanik has loads of awesome ingredients, from sea salt and lemon oil, to nourishing seaweed. It claims to soften hair while also adding volume - two things that I am always looking for with my hair products. These shampoo bars may seem a little price at $11.95 a pop, but they last FOREVER. Compared to a liquid shampoo you only need a few swipes of this bar to build a rich later and get your hair squeaky clean. The only real downside to me is that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is at the top of the ingredients list. Sulfates can be very harsh on your hair, so I wouldn't recommend using this for daily shampooing. 

After I grabbed my shampoo bar I meandered over to my favorite section of any LUSH store - the bath bomb table. The first item I ever tried from LUSH was a bath bomb (I believe it was called Twinkle, was shaped like a star, had gold glitter, and smelled like a vanilla cupcake) and I've been hooked ever since. And of course, now that fall is here, there is nothing better to warm up on a chilly morning than to pop in a hot bath. They had some super adorable bombs for Halloween, and I just couldn't resist!
 

The first bath bomb I grabbed is called the Enchanter. It's a pretty pink and orange bomb that has a delicious citrus scent. I'm planning on using this bath bomb the morning I get home from my trip. I figure I'll be jet lagged and tired, and a hot bath will probably feel amazing. The bright notes of lime and neroli will also probably bring me back to a place with palm trees and 80 degree weather.
 

It's a bit pricey at $6.25, especially considering that it's a one-time use product.  But we all deserve to pamper ourselves now and again, so I think the occasional splurge is totally justifiable.


The other bath bomb I picked up is called Lord of Misrule, which claims to bring "mischievous revelry to your tub". It's got a spicy-sweet scent that is perfect for fall, with notes of vanilla, black pepper, and patchouli. I've also heard that this particular bath bomb puts on quite a show, so I was really excited to see it in action. So excited, in fact, that I decided to film a video so that I could share my first look with all of you! If you're the type of person who loves the surprise factor of bath bombs, then this video will be a bit of a spoiler. But if you are curious (as I often am) then check it out!


This bath bomb I think is right up there with Dragon's Egg in terms of being one of the most entertaining to watch. The pop rocks are also such a fun addition (you can hear them crackling in the background throughout that whole video). In the end my bath water was this gorgeous wine color.


I soaked myself until I got all pruney and the water was less than warm. I always linger a bit longer whenever I take a bath-bomb bath, and opening the drain always makes me feel a little sad. Still, even when your beautifully colored bath water is long gone, your skin will stay super soft and delectably scented for quite some time.

Of course I have so much to do today in preparation for my vacation (namely cleaning and laundry. Lots and lots of laundry), but taking a little me-time was the perfect way to get my Saturday off to a good start. Have you tried a bath bomb from LUSH before? If so, I'd love to hear about your favorite one. Also, let me know if you liked my bath-bomb-in-action video. If so I will definitely make more as I try them.

In the meantime, back to the ironing board I go!

Stay gorgeous,
Lauren