Thursday, October 23, 2014

Tea Time - Harney & Sons Paris


It is a gross, gray, miserable kind of day. The wind is howling outside, and I am curled up on the couch in my pjs, fighting off a nasty cold. To help put my sniffles and aches at ease, I made myself a nice big old pot of Harney & Sons Paris tea. I actually came across this tea back in the springtime when my mom and I had gone on a weekend retreat to The Emerson Resort and Spa. In between spa treatments, I found myself wrapped up in a fluffy bathrobe, admiring the mountain scenery, and sipping a cup of this delicious tea. By the end of our stay I was so addicted that I couldn't resist buying a tin from the gift shop to take home with me. Now it's my special treat for those times where I need a little mental reminder to relax.


It's no wonder that I fell in love with this tea. Paris is a black tea with notes of vanilla, caramel, and bergamot. It's very similar to Earl Grey (one of my favorites) but with a smoother, sweeter taste. It's got a beautiful aroma, that is warm, sweet, and slightly fruity. I like to drink mine with a little bit of sugar, but I'm sure it would taste delicious black as well.

These sachets are a perfect compromise of quality and convenience. The tea leaves are a bit larger than those in a standard tea bag and have plenty of room to expand as they brew. If you'd rather let your tea leaves roam free, a loose leaf variety is also available from the Harney & Sons website.

Of course, now that I'm poking around a bit in their online shop there are a ton of other amazing looking flavors available to try. They also have such beautiful packaging! While the quality of the tea itself is truly the most important factor when deciding what to purchase, looking pretty never hurts. Perhaps I'll have to treat myself to an order now that tea season is in full swing!

Have you tried Harney & Sons teas before? What is your favorite flavor?