Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spring Cleaning

If you haven't already noticed, Little Blushing Birdie has been undergoing a refresh just in time for spring. With much thanks to this handy article from Ashley over at Nose Graze, I was recently introduced to The Hungry Jpeg and am now happily in possession of some amazing digital artwork to play around with. I'm still a bit of a newb when it comes to Photoshop, but I love to learn through experimentation. I can barely contain my excitement at the thought of being able to create my own custom images, buttons, and the like, especially with artwork that so perfectly reflects my own personal style.

Truly, the entire process of blogging has been such an incredibly fun creative and intellectual endeavor. I've always been a huge do-it-yourself-er, and I take a lot of pride in being able to teach myself the necessary skills to be able to create and perfect whatever project I'm currently working on. I've dabbled in HTML and CSS, learned how to get comfortable behind the lens of my DSLR, taught myself a thing or two about photo editing, and started to demystify web analytics. Sure, Little Blushing Birdie is a continual work in progress, and there are always things I can make a little prettier or organize a little more efficiently. But when I look back at my first few posts I feel pretty proud of how far I've come.

So thank you all for reading and supporting my adventures in the beauty world! I hope you're as big a fan of the way things are headed as I am. As always, I love to hear feedback from my readers, so if there's a particular type of post you enjoyed, or type of product you'd like to hear more about, or a tutorial that I could create, shoot me a comment or an email or a tweet and let me know. Hearing from you seriously brightens my day in a way that I can't fully express.

Lots and lots of love,
Lauren