Friday, April 10, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box Spring 2015


A new season is here and so is my latest Walmart Beauty Box! This ridiculously affordable subscription is an excellent way to sample some of the newest launches from the drugstore, and is often well worth the $5 investment. Here's a closer look at the goodies I get to try out this time around.





Full Size, 400 ml ($6.95)
Sample Size, 50 ml ($0.87)


A new line to the US, I'd already heard the buzz begin about Schwarzkopf essence products before this showed up on my doorstep. While it seems to have a lot of luxe features (pearl essence, lavishly rich omega oil, etc.) I saw this as kind of a standard drugstore hair washing duo. It smells nice (that generic shampoo scent, if you know what I'm talking about) and leaves my hair feeling relative clean. I'm not a huge fan of the fact that the shampoo has sulfates, but the extra moiturizing ingredients did seem to help my hair from feeling overly stripped or dry. Basically, I think I'll be able to make use of these samples, but I don't think I'd purchase the full size of these.




Full Size, 7 ml ($8.97)


New mascara? Yes, please! If you're a fan of light, natural, fluttery looking lashes, you'll love this mascara. The brush helps you to really fan them out, but the thin formula adds definition without a ton of volume or clumpiness. It also doesn't seem to smudge or flake, which is always a bonus. The only thing I'm not yet sure about is the whole lash growth thing. Since I've only used this a few times I haven't seen any notable difference in the length or thickness of my lashes, but time will tell!




Full Size, 22 oz ($5.47)
Sample Size, 1.8 oz ($0.49)


Dove body washes are some of my absolute favorites! They're really creamy and hydrating, while also managing to leave your skin feeling clean. This scent is fresh and fruity, and I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out.




Full Size, 9 oz ($7.47)
Sample Size, 0.5 oz ($0.42)


It's been a long time since I've used a Neutrogena cleanser, so I was pretty excited to get a chance to try this one out. I was actually pleasantly surprised. For a gel cleanser, it really did hold to the claim of not being overly drying to the skin. I also loved the fragrance, which was slightly fruity and fresh (I could definitely pick up on the notes of white tea). Right now I've got enough cleanser to last me quite a while, but I would definitely consider picking this one up if I was in the market for something new!




Full Size, 1.0 oz ($29.97)
Sample Size, 0.04 oz ($1.20)


I'm not usually a super huge fan of celebrity fragrances, but this one is definitely up my alley. Described as a fruity floral, it definitely has some rich, warm undertones that add a layer of sexiness. To me it feels like a great scent for a summer evening. It's a little bit luxurious and sultry, but with a certain amount of playful, feminine flare. I feel like it reminds me a bit of TokyoMilk Dark Tainted Love, so if you're a fan of that type of fragrance, you might like this as well!





As you can see I also got a crazy number of coupons and foil packet style samples in my box! I've already tried the Maybelline Fit me! Matte + Poreless Foundation one, and I'm kind of it love with it. It makes your skin look super flawless, and has long lasting, shine free wear. I'm also curious about trying the Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion. I'm kind of lazy about putting on lotion after I get out of the shower (or am so rushed that I generally forget), so this may be exactly the kind of thing I need.

All in all I'd say that this was a pretty solid box. There wasn't anything I hated, although there wasn't anything I absolutely fell in love with (except maybe that Maybelline foundation. It's so good!). The total value of my samples (sans foil packets) comes to a very reasonable $12.82, which is not a bad return on a $5 investment. Not to mention the coupons, which are also huge in the money saving game.

Interested in signing up to get your own Walmart Beauty Box? Sign up here! You can also view my previous boxes here.