Sunday, March 22, 2015

Best of Becca Review


Sometimes in life you have a moment where you hear a song, or taste a food, or in this case, try a particular makeup item, that you just IMMEDIATELY fall in love. There's no moment of being on the fence, no gradual process of garnering appreciation. It's all wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am head over heels obsession from the very first second you become acquainted. Friday night, I had one of those moments.

Hello Becca. Where have you been all my life?

I should start out by paying some credit where it's due to Vivianna at Vivianna loves makeup, who first piqued my interest about the brand by writing this post. Basically I laid eyes on Beach Tints and immediately put them on my wish list. A few weeks later, as if somehow the universe knew, I'm perusing my ULTA catalog and see an exclusive Best of Becca set. With a full sized Beach Tint. An impulse buy ensued (along with a few other things...the evidence of which can be seen from my instagram feed) and within a week I had my hands on this gorgeous collection.


The Best of Becca features four of the brand's best selling products, two of which are full sized! You can purchase it exclusively at ULTA for $34.50 and is valued at $82. Inside this pretty little box, you'll get:
  • Mini Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Rose Gold
  • Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight Wand in Opal
  • Beach Tint in Guava
  • Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflé in Watermelon/Moonstone
I was so impressed by the quality of all of these products. They're each individually quite stunning, and when worn together give you such a luminous, beautiful complexion. Let me tell you a little bit more about each one!




A pop of luminescent colour in an air-whipped cheek soufflé. This water-resistant formula provides effortlessly buildable colour with a soft, lustrous finish. Apply with BECCA's The One Perfecting Brush for a wash of colour, or your fingers for a more intense pop of colour.

Full Size, 0.2 oz ($27)


This blush is so unique and gorgeous I am thrilled to add it to my collection. First off, it legit smells like a watermelon blow pop (which I am totally okay with). It's got such a light, airy texture, and glides on to your skin beautifully. Since I don't own the One Perfecting Brush, I stick to using my fingers for application. This color is the perfect coral-y pink for spring and summer, and the shimmering finish is perfectly glowy and youthful without being glittery and disco-ball-esque. Basically <3




A creamy, luminizing powderthat veils skin in a soft, pearlized glow with a lustrous velvet finish. Sweep across face or apply to targeted areas for refined luminosity in any light.

Full Size, 0.28 oz ($38)
Travel Size, 0.08 oz ($10.86)


Seeing as I JUST wrote a post about Rose Gold makeup and how I love it so, it's unsurprising that I'm more than happy to try this powder. This powder is so unbelievably silky and pigmented, and can either be dusted on for a bit of subtle shimmer or applied more heavily for some serious brightening in specific spots. Personally I think this will be gorgeous as a highlight on the eyes as well as the cheekbones.




This portable liquid highlighter features ultra-fine, light-reflecting pearls that melt into your skin for polished, natural-looking radiance. Using the wand, dab a small amount on the high points of your face. Can also be mixed with moisturizer or foundation for an all-over glow.

Full Size, 1.7 oz ($41)
Travel Size, 0.17 oz ($4.10)


While the full sized version of this product is actually a bottle with a pump, I'm totally digging this more travel friendly take. The doe foot applicator makes it super easy to dot on to specific areas of the face and blend in with your fingers or a brush. Opal is a lovely champagne shade that I think looks very natural on my complexion. I think this will be the perfect kind of product for traveling or to pack in an on-the-go makeup bag!




A water-resistant créme stain that tins lips and cheeks with a natural wash of colour. Layer under powder blushes, Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflé, bronzer, or lip products for added intensity.

Full Size, 0.24 oz ($25)


Ah, the one that started it all, the coveted Beach Tint. I was so happy to be as impressed with this product as I'd hoped. It's the perfect cream blush. The texture is very light and creamy, with just the right amount of pigmentation to give you a perfectly natural flush. Guava is a stunning shade, and also smells as amazing and fruity as the name implies. Compared to other staining products, it dries down and doesn't leave your cheeks feeling sticky or wet. On the lips I think the texture is slightly too dry feeling to be super comfortable, but as a blush it's basically perfect. I also totally am a fan of the squeeze tube design, which I think is more hygienic than a pot (and also less likely to dry out quickly).




From Left to Right: Spotlight Wand in Opal, Shimmer Soufflé in Watermelon/Moonstone, Beach Tint in Guava, Shimmering Skin Perfector in Rose Gold

How gorgeous are these swatches?! Honestly, I don't even think the picture truly does them justice. I feel like it's been a while since I've been this excited about a purchase I've made. I'm seriously over the moon happy. Not only do I basically love everything, I also feel like the set is an incredible steal. The Beach Tint and Shimmer Soufflé purchased separately would cost $17.50 more than this set all together. And considering how wearable and flattering I think these shades would be on just about everyone I think it's a perfect starting place to get acquainted with the brand. I can't wait to take some pictures wearing all of these lovely products and will hopefully be able to share them with you soon!

Have you tried any products from Becca? What are your favorites?