Thursday, March 5, 2015

Spring 2015 Wish List - Prestige Makeup Picks


After yet another snowy morning commute to work, I am SO ready to welcome any sign of spring. Given that there are still mountain high piles of slush and ice everywhere I turn, I have a feeling it might be a while before I see any flowers budding or greenery growing. My solution? To distract myself with pretty pastels, sheer shimmers, and petal hued cosmetics that have me daydreaming of sunshine and warmer weather.

1. Clinique Cheek Pop ($21) - These blushes were raved about all over the blogosphere when they first launched last spring. Choose from four shades (berry, plum, ginger, and peach) of this silky, amazingly blendable formula to get a gorgeous, natural flush to your cheeks. Also, the daisy motify just screams spring time.

2. Fresh Sugar Petal Lip Treatment ($22.50) - The Sugar Lip Treatment is one of my all time favorite lip balms ever. It's got an incredibly silky, nourishing feel, and smells  deliciously citrusy. The line has expanded to include a range of different colors in sheer and bold formulas. Petal is a beautiful blossom pink that would add instant cheer to your look.

3. Bésame Cosmetics Brightening Violet Powder ($22) - Ever since I laid eyes on Bésame powders, I've totally been lusting after them. The violet powder neutralizes sallowness in the face, and leaves behind a brightened complexion with a matte finish. If that isn't good enough, it also has a subtle violet scent, which to me sounds heavenly.

4. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour ($28) - I love the look of a simple, easy eye. I also love makeup that can be applied with minimal effort for those mornings where I'm crunched for time. These eyeshadow sticks from Laura Mercier seem like the perfect product to fit the bill. The formula goes on creamy and easy to blend, but becomes totally budge proof once it's had time to set. Personally I have my eye on the Rose Gold shade, which I think would be amazing for brightening and livening up the eyes.

5. Julep Soft Focus Finish Nail Polish ($14) - A new launch for March, these semi-matte finish polishes come in a variety of pretty pastel hues. I've got this amazing mint shade, Ali, coming in my March Julep Maven box, and I absolutely can't wait to try it out!

6. Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder ($44) - Contouring is all the rage in the beauty world right now, with brands releasing palettes left and right to give your face that sculpted look. This powder, while crazy expensive, looks like it would be the holy grail of all contouring products for those of us with light to medium complexions. A lot of contouring products are too orange toned and make your skin look dirty (do yourself a favor and watch this Jordan Liberty video and see why you shouldn't use your bronzer to contour), while this product is that perfect cool toned taupe to emphasize the natural shadows of your face.

7. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara ($24) - I got a chance to try this new mascara launch in my Birchbox last month (which you can read all about here), and I've totally been loving it! It adds crazy length and curl to your lashes. The hot roller inspired packaging is also just too cute.

8. Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick Duo ($12) - I love love love these duos. They are an insane value, and the formula is creamy and richly pigmented. A while back I reviewed the original colors that were available, but it looks like they've released new ones. The Tangerine/Lingonberry duo has a fierce, night-in-the-tropics kind of vibe that I think would be perfect to wear as the weather warms up.

9. NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation ($48) - Everything I've heard about this new foundation basically has me making googley eyes at it. While it has the word luminous in the title the formula actually offers semi-matte coverage that will keep your skin looking flawless all day.


What products are you dying to try or buy? Do you have any favorite makeup items that make you think of spring?