Thursday, March 26, 2015

March 2015 Glambag


Spring has sprung over at Ipsy, with this month's theme being inspired by the colors and textures delicate flowers and lush blooms. Did the products I received have me feeling fresh as a flower? Take a closer look!


I received 5 products in my bag this month (2 of which are full sized), which incorporate a nice range of skincare, haircare, and makeup. The blue and yellow abstract floral patterned bag we received is certainly one of my favorites I've received in quite a while. I'll definitely be using it to tote around travel essentials or products to touch up throughout the day. Here are some quick links to my in-depth reviews:



Soy Renewal Crème Oil is a blow dry crème that speeds up drying time while protecting hair against mechanical damage from heat styling & harmful UV rays from the sun. Its lightweight formula softens, moisturizes and conditions the hair creating shine, luminosity and the appearance of healthy hair.

Full Size, 4.2 oz ($22.95)
Sample Size, 1.0 oz ($5.46)


Leave in conditioners or styling creams like this have basically become a must in my everyday hair care routine. I think this formula is really quite nice. It smells amazing, doesn't weigh down your hair, and definitely adds softness and shine. I'm not sure how much this sped up the amount of time it took to blow dry my hair because I don't do it consistently enough to even know exactly how long it normally takes, but I liked the end result regardless. Unfortunately I have a TON of similar product samples to get through before I can justify buying a full sized version of anything, but if you're in the market for a nourishing cream to style your hair, this one is pretty great!




“An apple a day keeps the lines away.” This oil-free, lightweight lotion is formulated with apple stem cells to help delay the natural signs of aging by maintaining the longevity and activity of stem cells in the skin. Simultaneously, retinol stimulates new cell turnover and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Dr. Brandt’s multi-tasking formula provides the best of both worlds, delivering anti-aging and pore minimizing/mattifying benefits.

Full Size, 1.7 oz ($60.00)
Sample Size, 0.25 oz ($8.82)


A truly mattifying day cream is surprisingly difficult to find. So far I've been pretty happy with this one. It's lightweight, sinks into skin quickly, and does leaves it feeling satiny and smooth. It has a very botanical/herbaceous scent which I was not expecting, but is pleasant nevertheless. I do think that retinols are great both for anti-aging and to promote clearer looking skin, but they also cause photosensitivity, so you'll want to layer this with SPF for daytime wear. While I'll definitely use up my sample, I don't think I love it enough to drop $60 on a full sized tube.




Pamper your lips with a hydrating kiss of smooth Butter Lipstick in 22 luxurious shades. The delicate texture of satin fused with the high color saturation creates an even finish on lips that’s long-wearing and beautiful.

Full Size, 0.16 oz ($6.00)


For a $6 lipstick, this formula is great. As the name suggests, it's really creamy and buttery feeling on the lips, while also bringing plenty of pigmentation. The wear time is decent, although I find that all creamy lipsticks tend to be more susceptible to fading than matte formulas, especially with eating and drinking. Pops is a pretty mauve-y neutral shade that is perhaps a little too cool toned to completely flatter my complexion, but is still wearable. But, since they're so affordable, maybe that just means I'll need to pick up another color!




MARSK Mineral Eyeshadows are 100% natural, mineral based loose powder that are strictly cruelty free and available in a range of striking shades that offer endless color possibilities for a professional makeup effect. Featuring a creamy texture, these highly pigmented powders can be used both wet and dry, are easily blendable and offer you the ability to create depth and intensity around the eye.

Full Size, 1.2 g ($22.50)


Holy pigmentation, batman! These loose powder eyeshadow is no joke. Fifty Shades (heh) is a deep, shimmering gray that packs a serious punch. It's incredibly pigmented and creamy, and has a beautiful almost metallic gunmetal finish. I don't rock smokey eyes that frequently, but the next time I'm planning a night out I might have to give this a try!




Vitamin E, Cocoa Seed Butter, and Organic Coconut, Jojoba, & Castor Seed Oil...your skin is going to LOVE this Concealer! All-natural with certified organic ingredients formulated for sensitive skin makes for one line softening, moisturizing, and imperfection-hiding extravaganza!


Full Size, 3g ($18.75)
Sample Size, 1.56g ($9.75)


I was pretty excited to try this concealer given its all natural formula. I quickly realized that a brush was a must for applying from this tiny pot (makeup under your finger nails is THE WORST). However, applying with a brush also sort of proved difficult because the texture of this particular formula is kind of thin and my brush was small, resulting in a kind of streaky finish I had to work to blend out. The shade Flawless was a little dark for my complexion (especially sans summer tan). I think Fresh would have been a better match. The coverage was all right, but nothing impressive. Basically there are a lot of other concealers I've tried that I think do a better job, so I think I'll pass on purchasing the full size.



While I've had generally mixed feelings about Ipsy for a while now, I'm generally pretty happy with this month's bag. I really loved the Blow Dry Cream and NYX Lipsticks, and while the Marsk eyeshadow color may not be the most wearable for everyday, it's undeniably pretty and of great quality. Also, with a total value ringing in at $52.53 I certainly got my money's worth.

Are you an Ipsy subscriber? What was your favorite product from this month's bag? Looking to join? Use my referral link and let them know I sent you their way! You can also check out all of my previous bags here.