Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 2014 Wish List




While logically I know the start of spring is only a few weeks away, the never-ending cold weather has started to make me feel like I'm going to be eternally stuck in wintery despair. A mountain of snow still looms in front of my condo, with no chance of melting in sub-artic temperatures. But, since getting Mother Nature to cooperate doesn't appear to be an option, I've decided to try and stay positive by focusing my attention on other things. Namely, making a wish list of all the beauty products I'm currently lusting after.





NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

$29

Frequently recommended by my favorite UK beauty bloggers, I've been dying to try this NARS concealer for ages. My good old standby has always been my Mary Kay concealer (mainly that from being a previous consultant, I had a very large stockpile to go through) but I really would like to branch out and try something different. My MK concealer, while providing decent coverage, can be a bit heavy, and I'd like to try something that is a little creamier, especially for under the eyes.



Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Honey Bath
$45

Very recently Birchbox has created a Birchbloggers facebook group, where all of us crazy beauty enthusiasts can share our blog posts, and ideas, and such. One of my first new blogger finds was A Cheeky Fox, who's review of Laura Mercier's Souflee Body Cream started me down a dangerous path of wanting...well....everything from this line. And, as an avid bath-taker, does this not sound absolutely amazing?! It even comes with a honey dipper...I mean...if that doesn't say bathtime luxury, I don't know what does. I don't know if I can really justify spending $45 on a single bath product. Then again, that's the cost of maybe 9 bath bombs...so if I use this more than 9 times...

Don't judge my logic, people.





Korres Greek Yoghurt Sleeping Facial
$45

I finally got around to trying a sample of this that I had gotten from one of my Sephora orders and I have to say that I was totally amazed at how wonderful this stuff made my skin feel. Between the dry New England winter air, and the barrage of acne products I've been hurling at my face, it's no wonder that it's feeling a little parched. When I slather a bit of this on before my 8 (or let's be serious, more like 6) hours of beauty sleep I'm guaranteed to wake with extra soft, flake free skin.








Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray
$42

I know that there are probably plenty of people who would like to give me a look if I start complaining about my stick straight and often lifeless hair. There are definitely perks to having curl-less locks, and I am the first to admit that, but that doesn't mean that I don't also have my occasional hair woes, too. Mainly by biggest complaint is a lack of volume and movement. Which is wear this acclaimed texturizing spray comes in. I already am a big lover of dry shampoo for refreshing hair and adding volume, and this spray is supposed to work similar (and greater) wonders. 




Maison Martin Margiela REPLICA in Beach Walk

$125 (3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray)

A new addition to Sephora impressive fragrance offerings, Maison Martin Margiela's REPLICA collection contains a variety of scents designed around fond and familiar memories. Beach Walk, with notes of bergamon, lemon, and coconut milk, sounds absolutely divine. And while I'm constantly huddling under a blanket, I can't think of anything else I'd like to be reminded of more than walking along the beach on a sunny day.


I may have gone a little lux this time around with my choices (you know it's bad when the cheapest item on your list is from NARS). Then again, I am calling this my wish list, not my shopping list. Between my Birchbox points and Discover cashback, though, I may be able to score some of these lovelies without destroying my relatively tight budget. My general philosophy is that you shouldn't have to compromise your tastes, you just have to shop smarter.

If you're already the proud owner of any of these amazing products, I'd love to hear what you think about them. If not, perhaps you can pine after them along with me. 

Solidarity, friends. Solidarity.